Tuesday 30 October 2007

Mohair Here

I'm pretty much frothing at the mouth this morning - my shipment of Sublime Kid Mohair has arrived for the Art of Knitting Cardi. I have to wag a disappointed finger at the Royal Mail however, who saw fit to leave 30.00 worth of mohair sitting on my front steps all day yesterday, regardless of rain and people who might steal it. Bad effort, Royal Mail.

Anyway I took safe delivery when I got home from work yesterday, and it's so much more gorgeous than it looked in the picture online. I've got it in the Venetian Green colourway; I tried taking a photo of it this morning but wherever I pose the ball of yarn, in whatever degree of sunlight, I couldn't accurately get the colour to show up. Look it up on the interweb anyway, it is definitely the right choice for me.

I'm confident that it will knit up quickly (it's on 7mm needles so hopefully...) because I'd really like to wear this cardi at Christmas.

The sock also continues apace - I know I've had more knitting time last week with the extra commuting, but I'm already at the heel flap. If I can bring myself to put the mohair cardi down for a minute I might actually turn the heel this week.

No comments: