Wednesday 31 October 2007

In Which Much Progress Is Made

Exciting progress on the sock... I woke up 1/2 hour before my alarm this morning, so took the (extremely rare) opportunity to have a cup of tea and turn the heel on Regia Sock the Second.

This is my quickest sock ever. Usually each sock takes me about a month - I lose interest in the whole process for a while, but this one has me hooked. I'm pretty confident that I'll be at the toe by the weekend. I've decided I'll probably stockpile this particular pair to give to one of my male relatives at Christmas - the colours here are pretty masculine, and nothing says "I didn't have a clue what else to get you" like a handknit pair of socks. Plus I've done them at least a size or two larger than I wear.


Even more exciting than the socks is the Sublime Mohair cardi. Work has commenced, and continues apace. I am loving absolutely everything about this - the speed at which it's growing (the picture represents about 2 hours or so knitting), the yarn, the colour (both of which are shown very poorly in this photo...), it's like knitting a cobweb. Only a really gorgeous dusty green cobweb which is going to look just so cool with jeans or over a dress... This is the back, I'm hopeful of getting to the shoulder shaping by tomorrow. I am going out tonight for dinner, and there is a large amount of wine on the menu, so knitting may well be shelved for tomorrow...

No comments: