Tuesday 18 March 2008

Tiny Clothes for Tiny People


I made a hat and booties (so far) for my friend Soph's baby. I am planning a jumper to match (in the cable pattern), which I'm intending to cast on, as soon as I've finished a tiny little secret project I have on the needles right now - I cast on for it last night, and fully expect it to be done tonight. It's so damn cool I can hardly contain myself, I hope it rocks as much when it's done as I imagine it's going to. I will not reveal today what it is... but soon.
So the baby stuff. Looking at the hat and booties (which I'm really pleased with - as ever my photography leaves a lot to be desired but you get the idea...) despite them being neutral baby white, it does look a bit girly... Soph isn't finding out the sex of the baby, so if it is a boy, he may end up with early gender issues if she puts him in these. I will speak privately with the child when its older and apologise profusely.
I knit this using some super soft baby DK and 3mm needles, and the pattern is from The Art of Knitting magazine. Hat took about 4 hours, booties an hour each. I love knitting tiny things that get finished quickly...

No comments: